Without a doubt, having an air conditioning system improves your home. It ingests moisture, keeps the air you inhale clean, and keeps you cool during the height of summer in the UAE. However, repairing your ac unit comes at a price, in the event that you neglect to maintain them. But if you treat your ac unit the right way, such as doing regular ac vent cleaning, you’ll continue making the most of its advantages and even get a good deal on your energy bills.
One of the most significant things you can do to keep your ac running is to clean your AC vents. Did you know? All the residue, dust, pet hair, pet dander, ash from candles, smoke from cigarettes, dust mites, dust vermin excrement or feces, and whatever other little creepy crawly bodies might be laying around in your air vents are obstructing your pipes and impeding the air flow. Now who would want to keep it that way?
The next question would be: “How would you clean your AC vents?” and “How regularly would it be advisable for you to do it?”
How Often Should I Do AC Vents Cleaning?
Fortunately, you don’t need to clean them regularly. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), you should clean your AC vents as needed, or when visible dirt and grime is there.
If you have a fuel-consuming ac unit, the EPA suggests seeking the help of AC experts in maintaining your AC system at least once a year, to ensure you are not in danger of inhaling carbon monoxide.
You might be shocked at the measure of residue and build up sneaking in the vents and pipes in your home. Read this article to know how to effectively clean your air vents!
Probably the most ideal approaches to guarantee that the air in your house is perfect, is to have ac vents cleaning. Again, the air pipes in your home contain a great many particles of residue, hair, soil, dust, cobwebs and different allergens. Cleaning your air vents will likewise save you money on electric bills and cool your place in no time. Find out about below on how you can clean the air vents in your home.
How to Clean your Own Air Vents
Cleaning the entirety of that dirt out of your air vents is a simple task that is best done during spring cleaning.
You can pay ac cleaning and disinfection companies to do a deep cleaning of your air conditioning unit However, you can also do it yourself. Obviously, you won’t have the option to deep clean your ac pipes and ducts, this is why you will still need help from AC Cleaning experts.
Compared to all other parts of your AC unit, ac vent cleaning is the easiest. Besides the vent covers themselves are too simple to clean.
These are the materials you will need:
- Heavy duty vacuum cleaner
- Cleaning Brush
Here’s how to perform AC vent cleaning:
- Switch off the power associated with your ac unit.
- Unscrew the air pipe spreads or grilles from the dividers. Utilize your brush to clean the meshes altogether. If they’re dusty and unsanitary, you might need to utilize cleanser (a mix of detergent and water, or a store-bought cleaner) and water to make them glimmer.
- Vacuum the conduits however much as could be expected. Consider using a heavy-duty vacuum for this reason. The standard family unit vacuum isn’t good enough to deep clean ac vents and the fissure of the conduits. Ensure that the vacuum you rent has a long hose to venture profound into the pipes. This is significant, as there might be molds that buildup inside the air pipes. If you think that you need the conduits to be cleaned and disinfected as well, consider recruiting an expert to manage the work.
- Clean the grilles in your roof. If you can’t contact them with the vacuum or screwdriver, utilize a brush to remove the residue. It is important to note that if you haven’t cleaned them for quite a while, you will need to shield yourself from all the residue and debris that will tumble near you.
It is still advised to seek the help of professional ac disinfection companies in performing AC vent cleaning to save you time and effort in preparing all required materials and doing everything on your own.