Molds are the micro organisms that can have serious effects on a person’s health. Moulds require moisture to grow and several ailments caused by molds include eye irritation, cough and sneezing, nasal congestion and fatigues.
Molds can grow on any surface so the most basic requirement is to keep a check on the moisture content in the air conditioners. It is recommended to take the help of professionals if the problem of molds persists. However by following some basic precautionary steps, you to some extent can control the growth of molds in your homes.
- Keeping the humidity levels in a range between 40%-60%. Using an ac or a dehumidifier in humid months, as well as in damp spaces such as basements.
- On time fixing of pipes, leaky roofs and windows
- Properly cleaning and drying after flooding
- Regularly cleaning the ac components and ducts
- Thoroughly ventilating areas with a presence of moisture
- Add mold inhibitors to plants before planting
- Removing the drapery or upholstery which is defected and can not be dried properly.
Mold growth can smell musty and may appear in several different colors. Whenever you smell or see mold growth, it should be terminated. However in cases when the growth becomes severe, it is advisable to take professional help. But whatever may be the case, you should follow the precautionary measures to ensure good health and prevent future growth.
Saniservice has been offering coil cleaning services citizens Dubai, UAE, and the whole of the United Arab Emirates for several years. Saniservice’s group of qualified professionals will always provide the most appropriate, and most cost-effective remedy for your A/C needs.