Air duct cleaning in Abu Dhabi is a MUST especially during summer when your HVAC is running almost 24/7. Sandstorm is common during the scorching hot months and dust circulates through the air ducts. Regular servicing of the cooling system keeps it in tiptop shape.
Common issues discussed in different fora and social media communities in Abu Dhabi
- Why is air duct cleaning in Abu Dhabi important?
The air duct, also known as the ac duct, is an important part of a centralized air conditioning system. It distributes the cool air from the ac unit to and from the room. The duct easily accumulates dust and dirt especially when humidity is high.
When air ducts become corroded due to wear and tear and neglect, indoor air quality is reduced. The flow of cool air will be blocked, and allergens can be dispersed indoors. We all know that once these disease-causing pathogens find their way inside our system, our health is already compromised.
- How often should I get air duct cleaning?
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends once every three years in normal circumstances. But if you are in Abu Dhabi or anywhere in the UAE where sand remains constant, that long interval is not possible. A quarterly service is the better option.
- Do I need frequent ac duct cleaning if the grills get dirty faster?
If the grills of your ac get dirty faster even if you clean them once a week, that means the air ducts are also dirty. In many office buildings, the grills and the filters get dirty quickly and frequent cleaning can be costly. You can incorporate other ways of reducing the dirt and soot from the grills. Ask your trusted air duct cleaning and disinfection company.
- How can air duct cleaning in Abu Dhabi help me conserve electricity?
When air ducts are clean, the flow of pure indoor air is evenly distributed across the room and the ac unit will run on the cycle it was set. A perfectly running HVAC system will help reduce energy consumption and lower your electricity bill. Clean air promotes wellness, increases productivity at work and prevents absenteeism.
- Is it OK to spray the air ducts with fabric conditioner to mask the bad smell?
If your ac system gives off a bad smell that can only mean one thing; the air ducts are filthy and mouldy. Moist and dirt cause the growth of fungi inside the ducts. These can cause upper respiratory tract infections and allergies. Spraying water with fragrant fabric conditioner cannot kill the microorganisms. You need to get the ducts cleaned and disinfected.
- Can you remove molds by air duct cleaning?
Yes. Air duct cleaning and disinfection kills the fungi and other microorganisms living inside the ducts and the ac unit.
Do not allow the use of chemicals in cleaning the ac system. Some bio-sanitizers are eco-friendly and chemical-free. You must be careful in choosing the disinfection company though. Be wary of cheap offers from unscrupulous persons. Hire only professionals with a proven track record.
- Are there DIY air duct cleaning tips?
Unless you are a skilled technician who knows how to dismantle and assemble air ducts, don’t do it yourself. The HVAC system is an intricate assembly that must be handled by a professional. Although you can always clean the grills with a damp cloth.
- How can I minimize my electricity bill even with ac running 24/7?
DEWA bill is expected to rise during the summer months. The temperature in Dubai can go up as high as 40°C even at 6oclock in the evening and people would rather stay indoors with the ac running day and night. If your cooling system is in good condition, your consumption will be manageable. However, if your ac is not working properly, power consumption will be higher as the ac unit will have to work harder to cool the room.
- Most centralized ac systems have timers. Set the timer to shut off the air conditioner for a few hours in the early morning or late at night. Use a ceiling fan to distribute the cool temperature across the room. This can save you energy and money too!
- Use a dehumidifier to reduce indoor humidity and lower ac usage.
- Keep an ideal thermostat setting that is not too much lower than the temperature outside. A 22-26 degrees temperature will lower your ac power consumption by 4 percent.
- Consider other natural cooling methods. Plant trees around your house and place green potted plants inside to improve indoor air quality. Light-colored exterior wall paint will reflect sunlight and lessen heat absorption.
- Keep your ac system at its best through regular maintenance. A clogged filter can increase energy consumption by 10-15 percent. Replacing it will reduce your meter reading.
- How long should I keep the ac on in a day?
A normal ac cycle can last up to 15 minutes enough to cool the room. If your ac keeps running even if the ideal temperature is reached, it is time to get it checked. There is no problem if you keep the ac on all day (except that your bill will hit the roof!). If you have energy saving in mind, do all the above tips.
- When is the right time to call for air duct cleaning service in Abu Dhabi?
When you are in the country’s capital, life tends to be busier than the rest of the emirates. Sometimes you forget a seemingly mundane appointment such as getting your HVAC system healthy checked before it conks out on you. When this happens (which eventually will), you get stressed looking for a reliable air duct cleaning company near you.
Having a reputable AC cleaning and disinfection service on time can relieve a lot of stress. You don’t have to remember and then forget that you needed to call the technician. They will be calling you to remind that your HVAC system is up for servicing. No hassle!
Air duct cleaning in Abu Dhabi is vital in a city that puts air conditioning to extensive use day and night.